Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Clases

Hola hola hola y ¿que pasaaaaaaaa? Today is the second day of classes here at the Fund, and I have much to report. So far I´ve only actually had one class, because I have one on Tuesday (that only meets once) and then one on Wednesday that meets twice. Here, because our professors teach at the university in Madrid, each class only meets one day a week, once in the morning and once in the afternoon. The class I have today, the Cultural Heritage of Spain, met in the morning but I didn´t go because I had my welcome interview at my job. My job, for those of you I haven´t told, is with La Tribuna TV here in Toledo, which is a local television station attached to one of the main newspapers. (La Tribuna just means The Tribune.) I´m working on a news magazine show called Más Madera (More Wood, I don´t know why). One segment of the show interviews me every week in Spanish to get the perspective of a North American student on various topics. I´m going to be on tv once a week at 10pm here. It´s very exciting, and the people are all super nice. I almost fainted with excitement at my interview today because I was standing in a real newsroom and discussing with the editor which editing systems they use here. (We also talked about the NBA, but I know less about American basketball than I know about film production, so that part of the conversation wasn´t that exciting for him.) I start work there Monday evening, and I go on the air the first time Tuesday.

Before I forget, I´m taking 5 classes: Spanish Cinema, the Cultural Heritage of Spain, Jewish, Muslim, and Christian Art in Toledo, Spain since 1936, and the externship class that goes along with my job.

I can´t think of anything else to tell you at the moment, but I´ll update again on Tuesday and tell you all about our trip to Madrid this weekend and the rest of my classes and my job!

No comments: